An intruder alarm can deter and prevent theft and intrusions to your property.
An intruder alarm can deter and prevent theft and intrusions to your property. Also called burglar alarms or alarm systems, intruder alarms may also alert the relevant authorities, if or when a situation arises. They’re an important addition to any protection you already have in place for your commercial or domestic property.
Here at Co-op Secure Response we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all solution. Instead, we’re passionate about creating bespoke alarm services to meet your individual needs. Whatever your requirements for an intruder alarm, we’ve got you covered.
We offer intruder alarms that are suitable for both commercial and residential (domestic) property.
Contact us to discuss your options for security.
What defines commercial property?
A commercial property is a building used for work purposes to manufacture goods or provide services and generate a profit. This includes offices, shops, bars and restaurants, shopping centres, industrial buildings, farms, garages and warehouses.
Nursing homes, hospitals and other medical facilities also fall under commercial property. As well as self-storage centres and multi-story car parks.
What defines residential property?
A residential property is a building in which people live. This includes private houses, flats above a commercial property, and large blocks of flats.
What’s the difference between commercial and residential property?
A commercial property is a building used for work purposes to manufacture goods or provide services and generate a profit. A residential property is a building in which people live.
There may be a little confusion if you run a farm as a business, but also live on site. The business part is commercial property, but your living quarters are residential. As long as you have the necessary alarms in place to protect your business, it is your choice whether or not you also have them in place for where you live.
Commercial intruder alarms
Why should you install an intruder alarm for your business?
Keeping your business safe is paramount for you and your employees and customers. There are plenty of benefits to having an intruder alarm:
Protect your business and its assets
No matter the size of the business, you have invested time and money into building it up and making it a livelihood. If anything happens to your business, it has a direct impact on you as well as any staff. Having an alarm gives you peace of mind that you have protective measures in place.
Keeping your clients safe
As a business owner, you have a legal obligation to keep your clients’ details safe. Identity theft is a significant target for criminals. Credit card details, addresses, phone numbers and other personal data must be protected.
Keeping your employees safe
Having an intruder alarm fitted creates a safer environment for you and your employees. It’s also one of the best ways to prevent incidents from happening. This is especially important for public-facing businesses such as shops, restaurants and bars, where employees are dealing with the public on a day-to-day basis or working later hours on the premises.
Alerting the Police
An intruder alarm can notify the local authorities of any potential threat to your business and get them on site to help deal with the situation. However, The National Police Chief’s Council (NPCC) have a policy for responding to security systems. They only respond to registered alarm systems that meet the requirements of the policy, so check that your business’s intruder alarm complies.
Contact us to discuss your options for security.
One of our suppliers of commercial intruder alarms is Honeywell Security. They provide simple and effective ways to protect your business. Co-op Secure Response supply their Galaxy Flex integrated intruder and access control security system.
Ideal for businesses, the Galaxy Flex has both wireless and hard wiring options available plus other benefits:
- Around-the-clock monitoring. This system links to Co-op Secure Response alarm receiving centre (ARC), monitored by our team 24/7 giving you peace of mind that someone will always be available to respond
- Easy to use. The Galaxy Flex has a stylish and simple interface that is easy to understand. Users can make the most of all features easily
- Flexibility. The Galaxy Flex system can evolve with your business and be scaled to cover up to 100 areas or protect one part of a commercial property
- The Galaxy Flex uses Proximity tag identification. Users don’t need to remember a PIN code as the information is remembered in the system. This also reduces user errors, false alarms and unnecessary call-outs
Domestic intruder alarms
Why should you install an intruder alarm for your home?
Intruder alarms for domestic property have numerous benefits:
Protect your property and what’s inside
The most common reason people install an alarm system in their home is to protect what’s inside. This can be anything that is valuable to you including jewellery, heirlooms and treasured mementos. An alarm can alert you and the relevant authorities to any threat to your property or belongings.
Deter crime and incidents
Studies show that the more security systems in place throughout a neighbourhood, the less crime in the area. The presence of an intruder alarm could be enough to deter someone from breaking into your home.
Remotely monitor your home from anywhere
Many modern intruder alarms now come with the capability to control them remotely. Using an app, you can monitor what’s happening in your home when you’re not there. You can view your home via cameras. Some systems also allow you to control the heating, locks, lights, and other devices in your home.
Can lower your home insurance
Having a security system installed can lower your home insurance premiums. You are protecting your home and reducing the risk of it being burgled or subject to crime.
Provides peace of mind when you can’t be at home
Knowing that your home has an intruder alarm fitted gives you peace of mind when you cannot be there. Having confidence that your home is protected with an extra level of defence can reduce worries about it being intruded upon.
Install an intruder alarm with Co-op Secure Response
One of our suppliers of domestic intruder alarms is WebWay. A member of the British Security Industry Association and tested to the latest European standards, they supply a wide range of intruder alarms, so you can find the best fit for you.
- Some of the intruder alarms available link to our CCTV monitoring services. This means a seamless security system for your home
- Wireless capabilities of some alarms remove the need to run wires into walls or pull up carpets. This is far less of an inconvenience when it comes to installation. It’s also more aesthetically pleasing
- WebWay systems are protected from hacking as they securely transmit over internet, radio or Public Switched Telephone Network PSTN. They are encrypted end to end, from device to monitoring station
Get in touch with us to discuss commercial intruder alarms and to find out about the range of solutions we offer.
Co-op Secure Response also use a supplier of intruder alarms from Texecom. These are suitable for both domestic and business use.
Texecom is Europe’s largest independent security alarm specialist. They make award-winning products that help protect people and property. Texecom works as part of a large, experienced company called Halma.
Alarms and security systems provided by Texecom include wireless solutions and motion detectors. They have been used across a variety of commercial and domestic properties, with the ability to be scaled accordingly. Co-op Secure Response supply the Premier Elite control panels from Texecom, providing numerous benefits:
- Elite control panels are energy efficient. This will save money on running costs
- The control panels will integrate with CCTV and home automation, meaning they will fit in with existing security measures you have in place
- The panels share programming across platforms and other connective devices. This makes the system easier to understand and use
- The products are reliable and innovative. You can trust that you are using the most up to date and trustworthy products to protect your home or business