1. PROMOTER: This promotion is operated by East of England Co-operative Society with registered office at Wherstead Park, Ipswich, Suffolk IP9 2BJ. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This promotion will be live from 08.00 1 Janaury 2024 until 23.59 31 March 2024. Any entries made before and after this time will not be valid and will not be entered into this promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is only open to members and employee members of East of England Co-operative society who make a purchase of a qualifying product and swipe their membership card in an East of England Co-operative Food store during the Promotion Period. Purchases with qualifying spend and therefore those which dividend points can be collected against apply only. Purchases with cigarettes, National Lottery, infant formula, PayPoint, Subway, funeral disbursements and prescription drugs only that don't qualify for dividend points are excluded.
Members and therefore entrants must be over 16 years of age. If you win and are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to claim your prize. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter East of England Co-op members must make a purchase of a qualifying product and swipe their membership card in an East of England Co-operative Food store during the Promotion Period (dates of which are set out in clause 2). Purchase free entries are as follows:
No purchase necessary – purchase free entry can be achieved by:
A.) Join to Win - New members can enter by joining to become a member. New members who are opening a new member account within the promotions period will be accepted only. Those who have held a member account previously will not be entered.
B.) Entry form - Existing members can enter by completing the promotional form online at: https://mailchi.mp/eastofengland.coop/win500jantomarch2024
A) £500, which will be paid into your member share account.
6. PRIZE TERMS:
Prizes are provided at our discretion and the Promoter may substitute or change the prize for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond the
Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so. The Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any guarantees, representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
Prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative or refund to the prize in whole or part.
7. WINNER SELECTION: Winner selection will be drawn within 20 working days of the Promotion Period closing. Winner will be selected at random from a list of transactions within the qualifying period and the entries received by non-purchase linked methods.
8. NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by the Promoter from the details held on their member records within 28 working days of the competition closing date. Please ensure your member account is up to date with a valid email address or contact number as we will email or phone you with details on how to receive your prize. The Promoter does not hold responsibility if there is not a valid contact method on the winner member account.
If the winner does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of being notified providing the requested information or if the Promoter does not hold valid contact details for the member, then the winner's prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be picked at random from the remaining eligible entries in accordance with the process described above in clause 6. The winner may be required to participate in publicity.
9. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the promotion, this will be decided by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
10. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: As per 8.28.5 of ASA guidelines, we have an obligation to publish and make available the surname and county of the prize winner to show a valid award took place.
If you do not wish for us to publish this information about you or have any concern, please contact us at email@example.com within 7 days of the competition period ending.
11. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this promotion shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the promotion. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full, you should contact the Membership Support team on 0800 389 5354 to be excluded from the promotion.
12. DISQUALIFICATION: The Promoter reserves the right to reject any entry, withhold any prize and disqualify you from the promotion if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty.
13. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
14. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER PROMOTION: The East of England Co-op will collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other applicable data privacy laws. The East of England Co-op will only use your information for the purposes of administering this promotion.
15. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF PROMOTION: The Promoter reserves the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
16. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Promoter reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available at www.eastofengland.coop/competitions. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
17. RELEVANT LAW: This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.