Armed Forces Covenant
We’re proud to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, a nationally established promise to ensure that those who serve, or who have served, in the armed forces are treated fairly.
By adding our support to the covenant, we pledge our commitment to supporting the Armed Forces community. We recognise the talent of serving personnel, Reservists, Veterans and military families and know that their skills and experience have a valuable part to play in our business and local communities.
We seek to uphold the values of the Armed Forces Covenant in many ways, including:
- Promoting the fact that we are an Armed Forces Friendly Employer
- Supporting the employment of spouses and partners of serving personnel, as well as Service leavers, by endeavouring to offer flexible working arrangements
- Striving to support reasonable adjustments in the workplace to make employment more accessible, for Service leavers in particular
- Running insight days in conjunction with the Career Transition Partnership
- Seeking to support our colleagues who are Reservists, accommodating their training and deployment, where possible.
As a supporter of the covenant, we’re also now part of the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS), earning their Bronze award. ERS encourages employers to support Defence and inspire others to do the same. The scheme encompasses Bronze, Silver and Gold awards for organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to Defence and the Armed Forces community.
We join over 400 local authorities and over 4,000 organisations backing this important scheme.