Rossi Ice Cream
Over 85 years of award winning heritage
Rossi has been producing award-winning ice cream in Essex since 1932; based on a traditional Italian recipe of fresh milk, butter and double cream. Over 85 years later with a long-standing heritage, Rossi continues to be loved by generations throughout the county.
The first Rossi ice cream parlour and factory was opened in 1932, at 37 High Street in Southend-on-Sea. The parlour was opened by Massimiliano Agostino (also known as ‘Gus’) with his wife Anna Rossi. As business flourished a further parlour was opened at 1 Marine Parade. This branch began a partnership with Pietro Rossi, a distant cousin of Anna’s who’d moved to Southend. Pietro and his family had relocated from Consett, County Durham, where they owned their own ice cream business.
Unfortunately, the partnership did not last and soon after dissolved in 1938. It was agreed Pietro Rossi and his Wife Luisa would trade along the seafront, while keeping 1 Marine Parade. Thus the Westcliff parlour was opened; later a factory was built in Lucy Road in the late 1960’s.
To find out more about Rossi ice cream visit: www.rossiicecream.com
Pop to your local East of England Co-op to find great Sourced Locally products! *