Cadbury Premier League Local Hero 2018
Terms & Conditions
UK, 18+. Promotion Period: 07/02/18 – 30/03/18. Purchase any Cadbury product during the Promotion Period and go to www.CadburyLocalLegends.com to nominate your community football hero. On the website you will be asked to write a 100 word explanation of why this individual is your community football hero (you will also be required to provide your receipt number and the Co-op store you purchased the product from). Each participating store will have a winner (3,500 in total) (each winner will be picked by an independent 3rd party adjudicator from all valid submission from each respective store). Local store prize: a personalized Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate bar (360 grams). One winner per store. All winners will also be entered into the Main Prize Draw for the chance to win a day with Michael Owen and personalized football team kit for their local team (up to a maximum value of £600) (1 prize available). Two runners up in the Main Prize Draw will also win personalized football team kit for their local team (up to a maximum value of £600). Internet access and contact details required. Please see website for full T&Cs, prize restrictions and NPN route (NI only). Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – UK Branch, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1DH
Full Terms and Conditions
- The promotion is open to residents of the UK, aged 18 years and over only. This excludes employees of the Promoter or any other company linked to the promotion in any way.
- By entering the promotion you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- Only one prize per person.
- The promotion is open between 00:01 GMT on Wednesday 7th February 2018 and 23:59 BST on Tuesday 30th March 2018 (the “Promotion Period”).
- To enter:
- Purchase any Cadbury product during the Promotion Period and go to www.CadburyLocalLegends.com in any Co-op store.
- Nominate your community “Community Football Hero” (the “nominee”), by submitting a nomination up to 100 words of why this individual is your community football hero, including their name and email address.
- Provide your details (name and email address), your barcode from qualifying purchase and your nearest Co-op store.
- The nominee will then be sent an email to confirm their consent to participate in the promotion. Only nominees that confirm their consent will be eligible to win.
- For Residents of Northern Ireland only:
- NI participants may write to the following address: JS8606 Cadbury Co-op Hero, PO Box 704, Pinner HA5 9PF with their full name, email address, your 100 word explanation of why this individual is your “Community football hero”, including the nominee’s name and email address and store.
- One entry per stamped envelope only.
- PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, will manually add any valid NPN entries into the competition.
All NPN entries must be received no later than the end of the Promotion Period.
- Purchase is necessary and internet access will be required to enter.
Local Store Prize: Each participating store (3,500 in total) will have a winner. Each winner will receive a personalised Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate bar (360 grams).
- Main Prize: All Local Store Prize winners will be entered into a draw to select one winner who will win a day with Michael Owen (“Experience”), and a donation for their local team (up to a maximum value of £600), delivered in the form of a cheque/bank transfer. Once dates of the Experience confirmed, they cannot be altered or changed by the Winner. The Experience will take place in a single day in a UK location by the 31st December 2018. The overall value of the Prize will be up to a maximum value of £2,000 (excluding the fees for Michael Owen). The Prize will include only:
- reasonable travel expenses from the winner’s home to and from the location where the Experience will take place;
- refreshments and snacks during the Experience;
- opportunities to take photographs, autographs and signed merchandise; and
- any one of the activities set out directly below depending on the agreed nature of the Prize
The prize may consist of the following by way of example:
- Michael Owen visit to the winner’s local football team during a home game and support the winner’s team on the sideline together with the winner which may include: half time team talk with players; after match meet & greet with players and team spectators, opportunity to present man of the match award at the end; OR
- Watch a live Premier League match with Michael Owen with family or friends (up to 4 number of people) and Michael Owen; opportunity for the Legend to provide thoughts on the game at halftime and fulltime); OR
- Coaching session or kick about with Michael Owen which may include dressing in team training kit; Michael Owen watching team train and helping out with training session; Michael Owen joining in training where appropriate; Michael Owen providing tips and insights to players during training; Q&A & social activity with players after training.
Due to the nature of the prize, it is not possible to describe everything which is included. The exact nature of the prize will be decided based on the date agreed.. All prize arrangements are subject to availability and the cooperation of Michael Owen.
The winner will need to be available on the date, time and location determined by the Promoter. In the event that a winner is unable to attend the Main Prize, the Promoter shall have the right to have the winner forfeit their Prize and/or select a new winner.
- Runner Up Prizes: Two runners up in the Main Prize Draw will also win a donation for their local football team (up to a maximum of £600), delivered in the form of a cheque/bank transfer.
- Selection Process:
- Local Store Prize: All valid Local Store Prize nominations will be judged within 10 working days after the close of the Promotion Period to select the community football hero for each store based on the following criteria:
- How has the nominee shown their community spirit?
- Quality of the written submission
- The extent to which the nominee embodies hero traits eg. Noble qualities, outstanding achievements, role model behavior.
- Main Prize Draw: All Local Store Prize winners will be entered into a prize draw to select one winner and two runners up. The winner and the two runners up will be selected by a random draw within 10 working days of the close of the Promotion.
- Entrants must ensure that the information contained within nomination is accurate, correct and truthful. Entrants must ensure that they have received the consent of their nominee before entering the competition and providing the nominee’s details.
- Winner Notification:
- Local Store Prize: Winners will be notified within 2 working days of the Selection Process by email to confirm eligibility, acceptance of their prize, and further delivery details. If a winner does not respond within 14 working days of first contact the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner.
- Main Prize Draw: The winner and the two runners up will be notified within 2 working day of the Selection Process by email to confirm eligibility, acceptance of their prize and further delivery details. If a winner does not respond within 14 working days of first contact the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner/runner up.
For the avoidance of doubt, only winners/runners up will be notified. .
- Prizes are as stated and the winners will not receive any additional recompense.
- No correspondence will be entered into and the Promoter’s decision will be final and binding.
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any alternatives in whole or in part. However, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Entries which include any of the following will be discounted: (i) offensive and/or derogatory language, (ii) anything or an explicit and/or sexual nature, or (iii) anything defamatory, libelous, obscene, (iv) or infringing copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights (v) is otherwise illegal.
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
- The winners shall, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity, photography and any filming) surrounding the winning of the prizes, for no further consideration, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material on all channels and media. The winners assign to Promoter all rights, including all copyright and other intellectual property rights, that may arise in materials or other content created during the advertising and marketing activities in relation to the Prize which shall be vested and owned by the Promoter.
- The Winners agrees to comply with the reasonable requests of the Promoter and its agency, and will act within the framework of acceptable and proper behaviour during the course of the fulfilling the Prize.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies and sub-contractors involved in the promotion will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage or disappointment which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion including without limitation accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury or death caused by our negligence or fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. No responsibility will be taken for telecommunication or website error.
- If a winning entry or nominee is deemed not to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the entry or nominee will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of all winners. Each winner may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the promotion consents to such participation.
- The full names and counties of the Main Prize Draw winner and runners up may be obtained by writing to “Cadbury Co-op Hero – Winner List” to JS8606 Cadbury Co-op Hero, PO Box 704, Pinner HA5 9PF with their name, full postal address and email address up to one months after the closing date.
- Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – UK Branch, Uxbridge Business Park, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 1DH.