Are you entitled to a NHS eye test?
You qualify for a free NHS-funded sight test if:
• you’re under 16
• you’re under 19 and in full-time education
• you’re 60 or over
• you’re registered as blind or partially sighted
• you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
• you’re 40 or over, and your mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
• you’ve been advised by an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) that you’re at risk of glaucoma
When you visit one of our opticians for your sight test, tell us that you’re entitled to a free NHS sight test, and we will give you a form to fill in and sign.
You may also be entitled to an NHS voucher towards the cost frames or lenses.
For more information on free NHS sight tests and NHS optical vouchers visit the NHS website.